Police Explorers Program
About The Parker Police Explorer Program
The Parker Police Explorer Program was established in 1994. The Police Explorer Post is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America and Learning for Life. The Explorer Program is a worksite-based program for young men and women who have completed the 8th grade and are 14 years of age, or who are 15 years of age but have not yet reached their 21st birthday.
The Parker Police Explorer Post helps youth to gain insight into law enforcement programs that offer hands-on career activities. For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of law enforcement, Police Exploring offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth to have a future in law enforcement.
Parker Police Explorers give over 1,000 hours of community service to the Town of Parker each year. Some of the activities that they are involved in include:
- The Explorers meet every other week on Tuesday night from 1800 to 2030 hours (6-8:30 p.m.).
- They are involved in the Ride Along Program which allows them to get hands on experience with police officers.
- The Explorers participate in several community events, such as the Parker Country Festival, Let Freedom Sing and Country Carriage Parade.
- The Explorers also have the opportunity to show off what they have learned. The Explorer Post travels to Chandler, Arizona every January to compete in the Tactical Competition.
- The Post also travels locally to cities in Colorado to compete in patrol-related activities at the Law Enforcement Explorer Post Advisors Association of Colorado (LEEPAAC) Regional Competition. The Explorers stay on a college campus and compete in areas such as a Range 3000 simulator course, traffic stops and domestic violence investigations.
- Explorers are eligible to attend Leadership Training and have the potential to hold a leadership role in the Post.
- Explorers also attend a Law Enforcement Explorer Academy, which gives them exposure to what the police academy is like and valuable training.
Explorers will be able to attend an Explorer Law Enforcement Academy, complete in a variety of competitions throughout the United States and participate in an invaluable learning experience. For more information on this program, please call Communications Technician Danielle Huskey at 303.805.6611 or Commander Doreen Jokerst at 303.805.6515 or email us.
Requirements for Police Explorers
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 20
- Must have no felony convictions or certain misdemeanor convictions
- Must be in good standing at your school
- Must be able to volunteer a minimum of 12 hours per month
Police Explorer Application
Download the Police Explorer Application online.