The Investigations Division is responsible for:
- Identifying, locating, interviewing, and arresting criminal suspects
- Locating and interviewing victims and witnesses
- Locating, identifying, and preserving physical evidence
- Presenting criminal cases to the District Attorney's Office for prosecution
- Recovering stolen property
This section supports the operational elements and the administration of the Police Department by collecting, analyzing, and disseminating crime information.
The Drug Enforcement Administration detective is tasked with combating drug smuggling and use with local, state, and federal jurisdiction.
The Internet Crimes Against Children detective investigates Internet-related crimes against children.
The primary mission of this unit is to target and apprehend those individuals who are committing criminal offenses within Douglas County.